Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Heatrock

Photobucket

They say one mans junk is another mans treasure and I must agree 110% with this statement. I used to hit a little record shop and every time the owner would tell me there were some new records that came in but were just "junk" I would come up. Some of this "junk" included: Nathan Davis, Phil Ranelin, Weldon Irvine, Eugene McDaniels, Monty Alexander, etc. All mint all $1 each. I don't know about you but that is my kind of "junk". I recently came across this 45 that a shop told me was "junk" and I flipped when I heard it. Not only is it from the Pacific northwest region but it has everything that I love about records. It's clearly a private press, who knows how many were even manufactured? Minimal info. provided on the label and same exact label both sides. I absolutely love it. However, music is very personal and you might not like this one or even get it, but I do and that's all that matters. The horn solo kills.



House of Entertainment - Smile



House of Entertainment - Same

No comments: