Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blue Gin

Photobucket Here's a record I came across this past year while out record shopping. It's not necessarily a local Seattle record but it is definitely from the pacific northwest region being it's from Portland, Oregon which is about a 3 hour drive. Released on the NW Incorporated records label. Pretty much unknown as i've never heard anyone talk about it or play it out besides me. It's a killer hammond workout that I was happy to get my hands on and add to my collection... Blue Gin "Light Blue"

3 comments:

VIN said...

is blue gin (also) a panty remover???

Unknown said...

The band Blue Gin was very popular in the Portland area in the late sixties and early seventies. The individual members are still around. Ron Royse (lead guitar) owns a very successful music store in Tigard OR. Doug Stroberger (Hammond B2 on that recording) plays in a local portland band. John Wayland (bass)... Look up Plasma Boy online. You wont believe it.

Unknown said...

I played guitar and flute in the band with George Madrigal, Tom rikkert, i don't remember the bass, 1971 or 2.
My Name is David griffith